A local rifle squadron, the Domain is purchased, power comes to the district and men go to war
A role of horses and traction engines in early West Melton agriculture. Blacksmiths, mail, a cricket club and problems with birds!
In 1872 West Melton has a general store and a Hotel in 1881. Midwife Mrs Jones begins 45 years of service in 1880.
The ‘Coal track’ to the Malvern Hills, first accommodation houses and a chapel built in 1868. The West Melton School is opened soon after in 1871.
In 1864 Henry Trickett builds a sod house and names the village after his home town in Yorkshire.