The 2021 West Melton Scholarship is now open
Past pupils of West Melton School who are in 2021 entering the final year of a full-time degree programme in a tertiary institution are invited to apply for this scholarship. Awarded once each year, the scholarship recognises the value of education and the contribution of West Melton School to academic development.
The value of the scholarship for the 2021 academic year is $1,800 paid at the beginning of the academic year.
- Current academic record
- West Melton School record and contribution
- Involvement in extra-mural activities
- Contributions to the community
- Anticipated career
Conditions of the Scholarship
- Applicants must have attended West Melton Full Primary School for no less than 2 full school years. Preference will be given to applicants who completed Years 7 and 8 at West Melton.
- Applicants must be enrolling in 2021 for the last year of a degree programme at a tertiary institution.
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- The successful candidate must be willing to address an assembly at West Melton School at some stage during the tenure of the Scholarship.
Applications must be received by the Convener of the West Melton Scholarship Selection Panel by 21 February 2021. Applications should include the name and contact of two referees. Applicants may be required for interview in early March. Applicants will be advised of the result of their application by 20 March 2021.
Application may be made electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Convenor, 1248 Old West Coast Road, RD 1, Christchurch, 7671
Email: email@example.com or ring 03 318 1761 for further details or with questions about the Scholarship.
Information on the history of the scholarship award and past winners is available here.